Saturday, March 05, 2011

Royal Oak Artist's Market Show and Sale

So I finally entered my 1st show....after much pushing by all my near and dear. It was crazy throwing it together on such short notice but I'm really glad I did it. I learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and am really looking forward to doing another art fair again. People were really great and I had a lot of positive comments and that in itself was a real ego booster. It's nice to have your ego stroked once in awhile!  I sold my art to some wonderful people ( It's nice to see my little dears going to good homes where they'll be appreciated!)  There were a lot of really talented artists there as well. I had some of them comment positively on my art as well and THAT really means a lot to me. It's nice when the lay people tell you you've done well but when your peers tell you it's really nice. One of them told me that my work was destined for the DIA one day....which floored me to say the least. It was a fine complement coming from another artist and I was really amazed to get it. And if she ever reads this I hope she understands just how wonderful that was to hear.....and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! 

Here's the booth all ready to go. The hubs did an AMAZING job setting me up with this at the last minute. He's so handy and a real trooper. I'm blessed to have him.

Close up of the interior. We used office cubicle partition panels. They were a pain in the @$%..... to put together but once together they worked really well. He put together some wood stands to lift them up about a foot higher than they would be normally. He really did a great job and it all pulled together well and really looked good I think.

No comments: