Monday, January 18, 2010

A Mind of it's Own

My pencil...it has a mind of it's own. When I sit down to draw I never know what is going to come out of it. I rarely know what I want to draw when I start. When I sit down with nothing to draw in particular the most unusual things leap from my pencil and onto the page in front of me. Usually my hand wants to make circles, twists, waves or other undulating organic shapes. I always want to try and stop myself from repeating the same things over and over...so I wave hand with the pencil around over the page trying to see if making the circles without making the marks will satisfy whatever it is that wants circles. It is rarely satisfied. I will end up making them anyways. The muse has definitie ideas as to what she wants to see on the page and I am only the vehicle she uses to put it on paper.

No comments: